“Better Training for Safer Food” (BTSF) is an initiative of the European Commission’s Health and Food Safety Directorate-General (DG SANTE) aimed at organising a European Union (EU) training strategy in the areas of food law, feed law, animal health and animal welfare rules, as well as plant health rules.
Apart from the above described training activities, the Contractor will be responsible to also organise special expert missions in selected Member States and non-EU countries. These sustained training and technical assistance missions (STMs) are aimed at supporting the competent authorities in selected countries, including at local and regional level, in particular with regard to the development of action plans, information tools, documented control procedures and setting up of effective verification mechanisms in the fields covered by this contract (Link to BTSF EU SPS 2021).
Training workshops were held in the following countries on indicated topics:
- Spain (Plant health contingency planning)
- Lithuania (African swine fever)
- Spain (IMSOC – RASFF/iTRACES – AAC)
- Spain (EFSA’s toolkit for PH disease surveillance)
- Spain (African swine fever)
- Belgium (Codex aliminentarius activities)
while sustained training missions will be held in the following locations on the indicated topics:
- Romania, Moldova (Rabies)
- Romania (African Swine fever)
- Serbia (CSF free disease status)
- Cyprus (reduction of pesticide use two missions)
- Italy (African swine fever)
Duration: 03/2021 – 03/2025